Digging Deep

I read recently that when you can't kindle your own inner light, look to others' light to gain the strength to rekindle your own. I've always envisioned this little flame inside my heart, a pilot light of sorts, and that during the times when my heart was full and life's flow was steady, that flame would roar into a fire like the ones we used to set at beach parties during college. Inversely, during those times in which fear ran high or grief was near, my flame would dim so low that it was hardly detectable at all. BUT--it was always there. My pilot light has never gone out, it's just become a matter of adjusting it to fit the circumstances. This is one of those times. 

No matter how hard things have been--and 2020 has been a doozy--I've relied on what I've learned the last few years about digging deep and finding the fuel for that flame. Prayer, texts and calls with girlfriends, uplifting reading, finding my breath and practicing self-care--it's all formed the base of the ground I stand on. So I keep on keeping on, supporting my husband every step of the way, listening to the sage advice of the women around me, and prioritizing my own care and self-empowerment. That is the only way I can get up in the morning, and when my feet hit the ground, I say "Thank you, God for another beautiful day. May I do what I am meant to do. May I stay true to my path." Wake, pray, slay.

 

Comments