Right where I need to be

In the midst of all the craziness that is my current career path, I feel that I have at last found my flow. That every step I've taken up to this point--every uphill battle, every almost-gave-up moment, every credential complication--has actually served several purposes. I wanted this path, I chose this path against all the odds that were stacked against me. From the initial last minute application process to the overnight stays in a shady hotel in the armpit of LA County in order to finish my last classes, I did it. I did the hard things. Now I can say that I fought for my place here, and certainly not for fortune or fame. In fact, I didn't even end up at a "good" school or in a comfortable district--I am here after a hardscrabble journey, with my students who have also had hardscrabble journeys, who deserve teachers who fought to be with them. 
So that's it. That's the post. 

Comments