The Law of Attraction

Back in February I wrote a bit about what I am sick and tired of as well as what I aspire to. I'm also questioning how much of what I put into my relationships is coming back to me whether I want it to or not. Personal accountability and all that. That was the beginning of what would be an emotionally exhausting time for me, and I'm trying to figure out how it all came apart and back together again.

Recently someone told me about the Law of Attraction--that your thoughts create energy, and that energy pours forth into the universe and back again, bringing with it the culmination of your thoughts. Sounds a bit like Positive Psychology to me, or CBT, or even prayer--but whatever it is, it's worth a try. I'm re-reading my posts from this year, taking note of the themes (both good and bad), and trying my hand at some thought-energy-stuff. So the idea is that if I focus on a positive outcome, on healthy relationships, on creating a life that is a culmination of all I believe in and cherish, those good things will come to fruition. Or something like that. Perhaps. And perhaps I'll just make me some hot tea, grab a good book and call it a day.

Comments

GZ said…
I love this post. Can't tell you the number of times I have wanted my life to go in a certain direction, called that energy in bingo...in it's own roundabout way things come to fruition. Not always in the easiest or nicest of ways but in the end I look back and think..."huh this is what I had asked for a year ago and here I am living the life I wanted". For me it's also about giving up control. When what I try for doesn't happen I say ok then the universe has a better plan for me and that's what I'll roll with instead of trying to make things happen the way I want or the way I feel things should happen. So call it in lady. I think the universe def opens up and brings forth.