Summer Flu, Summer BS

I really hate being sick. But I hate it even more when someone calls just to give me a hard time about not showing up for a party that I only found out about a few hours ago. And said person just can't understand why I don't want to go to a kid's pool party and just 'lay down and rest there.' WTF?!?! Seriously? When I can just, let's see--STAY HOME on my couch and drink tea and soup and take care of my effing self like a sick person is supposed to do?!? You're giving me attitude like I'm doing something WRONG in being home sick? Again, I ask--W.T.F.

This is what I'm dealing with, folks. It just never ends.

Comments

GZ said…
Wow it's like going back in time. I use to complain to my mom about a certain somebody and her pick pick picking at anything she could hone in on. She makes others feel bad about themselves so she can feel good about herself.

People like that come from a place of weakness, low self esteem and very little regard for themselves. I think how a person treats others is a DIRECT reflection of how they feels about themselves. So poor her. And remember this is just ONE person's version of how the world should work. One of my favorite quotes:

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."